temperature dependent bulk modulus from QHA-fit

Problems running VASP: crashes, internal errors, "wrong" results.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

freshwind

temperature dependent bulk modulus from QHA-fit

#1 Post by freshwind » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:29 am

I have a problem with deriving the temperature dependent bulk modulus within the quasi-harmonic approximation. I did calculations on LiCoO2 with strict convergence cirteria for relaxations and force calculations. However, according to the quasi-harmonic fit the bulk modulus increases with temperature due to the increasing curvature (second derivative of the energy with respect to the volume) of the free energy with increasing temperature. I already tried increasing supercel size and the kpoints per reciprocal atom, to no effect.This is somewhat contradictory to physical reasoning and I don't know of materials with that behaviour. I surmise this is a problem of the PAW potentials since they effectively determine the volume dependence of the total energy and the vibrational free energy.
Can someone offer a constructive solution?

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: temperature dependent bulk modulus from QHA-fit

#2 Post by support_vasp » Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:44 pm

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP